Admission Open for 2019 - Himalayan International Residential School, Siliguri, West Bengal | Boarding at Himalayan International Residential School, Siliguri
Study at Himalayan International Residential School, Siliguri, West Bengal, it is considered as the Best Residential Schools in Siliguri. Contact BoardingEdu to know more about Admission Process, Academic Fees, Curriculum, School Overview and other facilities of Himalayan International Residential School, Siliguri, West Bengal
Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal is a co-educational school positioned at the outer of the town of Siliguri in North Bengal. Its gigantic acre, tree-clad campus with its enormous green fields snuggling in a scenic bend of the river Karthwa is an ideal location for the foster of young bodies, minds and souls in the lap of Nature.
Since the year 1997, Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal has been delivering with world-class educational amenities to guarantee the complete expansion of the innate potential of every individual that comes through its portals. A cautious balance of academics and co-curricular activities is planned to cater to the individual needs of students at Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal.
Mission & Vision
The Vision statement of Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal holds to endow students to obtain, determine, articulate and value knowledge and skills that will support them, as lifelong learners and to participate in and contribute to the world as comprehensive citizens.
The Mision statement of Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal holds:
• To ensure an education programme that is student-centered and all students are stimulated to grow their latent potential to the fullest
• To deliver a learning programme with a judicious mix of academic, sporting and co-curricular activities.
• To uphold a curricular programme that inspires the development of ingenuity, responsibility, and decision-making in students.
• To have a school with no stress on any one religion, but an exposure to and respect for all religions.
• To strive to progress among its students an understanding and respect for the privileges and responsibilities involved in being a member of society.
The School Features
• Lush green campus
• 30 students to a section
• Activity-based learning & acquiring knowledge
• Additional Privilege study time for underachievers
• Learning through assignments and projects
• The growth of every child monitored by the tutorial system
• 100% English speaking campus
• Qualified, extremely motivated faculty who really care
• Teacher-Student ratio 1: 10
• An enormous array of meaningful co-curricular activities
• State of the art laboratories-cum-classrooms
• All classrooms well-equipped with Digital Boards
• Equipment and amenities to learn to play a variety of games
• Frequent games training sessions
• Pleasant, comfortable, clean hostels and dorms
• Zero toleration of bullying
• Capacious Study Halls for night study
• Individual vegetarian & non-vegetarian kitchens and dining areas
• All drinking water aqua-guarded
• Children permitted to receive phone calls once a week and make calls when necessary
• Healthy, hygienic, pollution-free surrounding.
The academic block of Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal is a self-reliant three-storey building of delicate design which houses all the class and subject rooms along with the Library and Information Technology Centre. The classrooms are expansive. All The classrooms are fitted with Edurite Smart Boards. The well-stocked School Library is centrally sited on the ground floor of the Academic Block and is contentedly furnished
The Amenities Centre with the huge state of the art:
• Laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
• Examination Hall
• Audio-Visual Room
• Music Room
• Art & Craft Centre
• Language laboratory
At Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal Sporting Activities and games are given special importance and towards that end, no suffering is too much as far as delivering high-quality infrastructure is concerned.
The international standard sporting complex at Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal currently holds facilities for the following sports
• Horse riding
• Swimming pool modern filter plant
• football grounds
• Cricket ground
• football field
• Tennis courts
• Volleyball courts
• Basketball courts
• Lawn tennis courts
• Badminton courts
• Kho-kho ground
• 200-meter track
• Long/triple jump pits
• Shot put rings
• Discus rings
• Javelin runways
• Indoor games
At Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal the Boys Residential Block includes expansive single-bed dormitories. The Girls Residential Blocks contains housed in a separate hostel with 8-bed dormitories. Every hostel is situated in its own encircled compound – with beautiful gardens – for safety purposes.
Both the hostels individually contain:
• Study Halls: Individual serene rooms for studying at odd hours, holidays, and self-study for exams.
• Common Room: Well-appointed with indoor games like TT, chess carom, etc. and reading materials like magazines and newspapers.
• Television Room: Furnished with TV, music system and VCD player for children’s entertainment during their leisure time.
• Infirmary: With full-time nurses and visiting doctors to look after sick children.
• House Staff quarters: Resident faculties act as House Master and House Mistress and are completely responsible for all hostel stuff.
• Matron’s flat: Every single hostel also has a matron, who views to the well-being of the students, observes their health and hygiene, upholds discipline and steps in to handle emergencies.
• House System
• Medical and Health Care
Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal runs along the lines of the world’s best educational live out. It delivers excellent academic programme proposing both Indian and international curriculum.
Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal is affiliated to CBSE (Central Board for Secondary Education - New Delhi).
From Director’s Desk
The honorable Director, Mr. Vivek Agarwal of Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal says,
“Ranked amongst TOP 5 BOARDING SCHOOLS in West Bengal (2017) at Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal we rely on that ‘education’ is a natural, all-inclusive exercise. Pairing this elementary premise with the idea of a sense of belonging to one family—the HIRS family—we look at ourselves as ‘care-givers’. Ours is a sterling academic body where the accent is on the overall development of personality.”
Admission Open for 2019- 2020 Academic Session - Himalayan International School, Siliguri, West Bengal.
Facilities at HIRS:
Academic Facilities : The School Academic Block is a self-contained three-storey building of exquisite design which houses all the class and subject rooms along with the Library and Information Technology Centre. The classrooms are spacious – built to accommodate 25 students. All The classrooms are fitted with Edurite Smart Boards. Teaching laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Examination Hall, Audio-Visual Room, Music Room, Art & Craft Centre, Language laboratory.
Sporting Facilities : Sports and games are given a great deal of importance at Himalayan International Residential School and towards that end no trouble is too much as far as providing high quality infrastructure is concerned.
Residential Facilities : A completely residential school, HIRS has top of the order separate hostels for its boys and girls. The Boys’ Hostel contains spacious single-bed, class-wise dormitories. The Girls are housed in a separate hostel with 8-bed dormitories. Each hostel is located in its own enclosed compound – with beautiful gardens – for security purposes.
Study Halls: Separate peaceful rooms for studying at odd hours, holidays, and self-study for exams.
Common Room: Equipped with indoor games like TT, chess, carom, etc. and reading materials like magazines and news papers.
Television Room: Equipped with TV, music system and VCD player for children’s entertainment during their leisure time.
Infirmary : A seperate 8 beded infirmary block is located near the hostels, to provide children with the best possible medical attaention. It house a full time nurse and a medical practitioner.
Staff Quarters : All members of staff reside in another part of the campus in two buildings specially constructed for the purpose. A three-storey structure contains married accommodation comprising comfortable self-contained, furnished two-bedroom flats. Bachelors and spinsters are put up in similar single-bedroom accommodation in another two-storey building adjacent to the first.
Principal’s Bungalow : The residence of the Principal – a beautiful bungalow, surrounded by a lovely garden and plenty of greenery – is right in the middle of the campus, accessible to students, staff and guests.
Guest House and Staff Club : The principal’s bungalow is flanked on one side by two smaller bungalows that are used as Guest Houses and the Staff Club. Between them is the club badminton court – complete with excellent lighting for evening relaxation for members of staff.
Mess : Very close to the hostels is the school mess with state of the art kitchens for the preparation of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes which are served in two separate dining halls capable of seating 200 students each with comfort and ease of movement for service.
Health Care : At HIRS we are always extra careful about the heath of your children and staff. On its rolls the school has a full time resident nurse to look after the medical needs of the children. In case of need for doctors consultation the children are taken local hospital or certified MBBS doctors at Siliguri. From time to time the school also arranges for visiting doctors on campus like dentist, eye specialist, skin specialist and general physician.
HIRS runs along the lines of the world’s best educational practices. It provides a cutting edge academic programme offering both Indian and international curriculum.
HIRS is affiliated to CISCE (Council for Indian School Certificate Examination - New Delhi) for its ICSE exam at the end of grade 10 and ISC exam at the end of grade 12.
HIRS is also affiliate from University of Cambridge - London and offers its IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) program at grade 9 and 10 and A Level (Advanced Level) program at grade 11 and 12.
University of Cambridge International Examination(CIE) is the world’s largest provider of international qualification for 14 -19 year olds. CIE operates in 157 countries around the world and CIE qualifications are recognized through out the world.
Hospital / Medical Facilities
|Extra Curricular Activities||
|Year of Foundation||NA|
|Enrollment Phase / Grades :||NA|
|Number of Students :||NA|
|Teacher Student Ratio :||NA|
|Yearly Tuition Fee (Min) :||NA|
|Yearly Tuition Fee (Max) :||NA|
|Languages of Instruction :||NA|
|Foreign Languages :||NA|
|University Counseling :||NA|
|Learning Support :||NA|
|School Trips :||NA|
|Community Service :||NA|
|Performing Arts :||NA|
|Summer Programs :||NA|