The Daly College is situated on a sprawling 118.8 acre lush green campus with manicured lawns, colourful gardens and two beautiful artificial lakes. This land was donated by the Holkar rulers of lndore.
There are a large number of playing fields & courts in an area of 282992.5 sq. meters in addition to heritage as well as modern buildings. The main building of DC is amongst the best examples of the Indo Saracenic style of architecture (designed by the architect, Col. Sir Swinton Jacob), and is essentially the pride of the Daly College. The main building at DC is fundamentally a synthesis of western and Indian elements. The Durbar Hall is situated in the center of the main building and houses the portraits of some of the Original Donors and of Gen. Sir Henry Daly.
The Daly College has journeyed and evolved since 1870. It came together with a few other institutions and started the Indian Public School Conference (IPSC). In 2005, it became a proud member of Round Square. In 2010, it was certified and ranked first in Infrastructure, Internationalism and Sports Education amongst the top boarding schools in India by Education World – C fore which is India’s Most Respected Schools’ Survey. DC has been again ranked as first Day-Cum-Boarding in Indore and MP and second in India by Education World-C fore recently.
The admissions are offered on merit, regardless of caste or creed. It has grown in strength and reputation and offers the most modern education in a heritage setting.
Director cum Principal - Dr. Sumer Bahadur Singh
Vice Principal - Mr. Rajan Potty
Temple : The college temple was built by the Indore Durbar and was funded by His Highness Charkhari. His Highness the Maharaja of Udaipur gave the "Murtis" for the temples. It was opened on 28 August 1910. Temple means ‘House of Gods’, as the name suggests the place of silence, meditation, etc. The temple of DC was built in the Malwa style. The beautiful idol of Radha –Krishna over whelms the eye. The temple is looked after, by pujari Ram Kishore Pandey and Sahej Ram. Along with the idol, the temple has metallic bells hanging from the ceiling. The infrastructure is like that of an ordinary temple, with a pointed peak. The steps give way to the entrance and running along the edges is a narrow path. It has a Tulsi plant along with a shady Peepal tree. The temple has lovely tiles with painted poses of Lord Ganesh. Along side another small exquisite temple of Lord Shiva. The temple is open everyday in the morning as well as in the evening. On festivals and special occasions, functions are organized in the temple.
Mosque : The College Mosque was built by Her Highness the Begum of Bhopal and was opened on 19 December 1910.The College Mosque is one of the most beautiful buildings in our school campus.
It is located in the northern side of the campus and faces the west. It is very beautifully designed with very good interiors. The top of the Mosque has four big domes, which are like the four minars of the Mosque. As you enter the Mosque, you will come across an open passage way and then enter into a big hall where you can see many wall hangings which depict the pictures of the holy place like Mecca and Madina. There are also few small rooms, which are used by the people who come to the Mosque to get ready for a prayer, which is called Namaz. Every day Muslim students and teachers come to the Mosque to perform the holy prayers. On every Friday, almost the entire Muslim community of the campus assembles at the Mosque to do the special prayer. On each Friday, all the students and teachers perform the special prayer, which is lead by the Pesh-e-Imam. The Pesh – e –Imam of our college Mosque is Maulana Sultan Ahmed. The in-charge of the College Mosque and its activities is Mr. A.S. Ansari and Mr. Saif Siddiqui is the Assistant In charge.
Mess : The menu is planned with care to ensure that the food is nutritious and balanced. Non-vegetarian food is prepared separately in the kitchen and the vegetarians are seated separately in the dining hall.There are two dining halls. One for the senior students and another for the juniors.The students' Mess Committee influenced menu planning. Mr. Deepak Nirula is our honorary consultant.Mr. Narsimhan is the Mess Manager.
Laboratories : HospitalThe school has full fledged laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, BioTech, C++, WebTech, IP, Geography, Maths and Language .
Auditorium : An airconditioned auditorium, with a capacity to accommodate 1200 people is one of the crowning glories of the school. Here the students make use of their creative abilities and various competitions and functions are organized from time to time.Assembly is held here on a daily basis.
Hospital : The college has a 30 bed hospital. Dr. S. Maitra is assisted by a Resident gynecologist, four resident nursing sisters, a physiotherapist and para medical staff.
There are empanelled specialists in Indore to whom cases are referred.
The Durbar Hall : The Main Assembly HallThis is situated in the center of the main building and houses the portraits of some of the Original Donors and of Gen. Sir Henry Daly. The Darbar Hall is under restoration.
Sports Facilities : Swimming PoolA Director of sports, Mr. Dharam Verma, is assisted by over 50 full time and part time sports instructors and coaches.
There is a Tennis academy which utilises 4 of the 9 courts. There are 8 squash courts, 9 basketball courts, 2 volleyball courts, a skating rink, a gymnasium, badminton, table tennis and chess. The 2 cricket green are of Ranji Trophy, standard, there are 2 soccer pitches, 2 hockey pitches, an athletics complex with a 400m track, cross country, 3 swimming pools including a 50m pool, a 25 lane indoor shooting range, an outdoor shooting range and obstacle course.
There are a total of 7 sports pavilions. The oldest Pavilion is the Scindia Cricket Pavilion built in 1910 and described by the sports correspondent of the London Times as the best in India during the MCC tour of 1933.
Career Counseling :
A wide variety of university admission tutors from Canada, US and Britain visit the Daly College visit Daly College.
Atlantic Canada has a long and proud tradition of excellence in education and has been a learning destination for over two hundred years. Canada's first English-speaking schools and universities were founded in Atlantic Canada. Today, faculty and students come from over 100 countries to work and study, in both English and French, in the region.
The largest ever delegation consisting of 13 universities (list given below the email) from Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) came to India to foster partnerships and goodwill with top Indian high schools. The delegation interacted with educators and conducted awareness sessions for students about education in Atlantic Canada.
The session at Daly college was a platform for students to understand about the educational opportunities for the Indian students in Atlantic Canada. The universities which were present offered courses in bachelors in Engineering, IT, Hospitality, Economics, Political Science, Film, Fine Art, Photography and more.
Details of the Programme :
|Extra Curricular Activities||
|Year of Foundation1||2015|
|Enrollment Phase / Grades :||Na|
|Number of Students :||NA|
|Teacher Student Ratio :||NA|
|Yearly Tuition Fee (Min) :||NA|
|Yearly Tuition Fee (Max) :||NA|
|Languages of Instruction :||NA|
|Foreign Languages :||NA|
|University Counseling :||NA|
|Learning Support :||NA|
|School Trips :||YES|
|Community Service :||YES|
|Performing Arts :||YES|
|Summer Programs :||YES|